Friday, October 28, 2005

There and Back Again

Two weeks of holiday have been declared by Upm to celebrate Deepa-Raya, starting last Friday,21st Oct to Nov 6th.
But I declare my own holidays now , as all final year students do because of our work commitments.Last Thurs the 20th Oct, after presenting my seminar on Monoclonal Antibodies and sitting for a French Oral test, I drove home to Melaka.Arrived after dark.That was the last day of the semester.
Spent 5 glorious days of nothing doing. Nothing. eat,sleep watch tv,sleep some more.Nothing constructive.And it did wonders for me, now I feel all refreshed.At home, got to eat all the things I missed.Chicken rice balls, satay celup etc,etc.

Then on Wednesday the 26th drove back to Serdang.Arrived at about 6.30pm and was in time to attend Melody's Final Graduation Piano recital at 8pm .She's a TSF/UPM senior, and a music student.This is her final sem.Recital was awesome.She played 4 pieces, Bach,Chopin, Schubert and Wang Jian-Zhong's Liuyang River.After that the whole tSF leadership team and some of us who didn't go back(who were all there to support her) went out for mamak.There were like 50 of us at the (joined) tables.Headache for Uncle,who had to take our orders gradually, like scales.Nice experience for me,cause I've never heard Mel play classical, because in church it's always contemporary when she's song-leading or on the keyboards.

Yesterday was Thursday.Back to the lab.I'm missing the protocols for total carbohydrate analysis of my tempeh extract.Suppose to see Hamim.Where's Hamim? Celebrating an early Raya.Really good news.Now how am I going to assay for sugars?

Oh,no! Dr. Mat Noor is gone too.Now what?Guess I'm on my own.

Borrowed 3 books from the library to fill up my time at night.The Handmaid's tale, Reindeer season,and Brothers Grimm complete collection.

Tomorrow is Saturday.Guy Sebastian is coming to FGA with a team from Paradise church, and I don't fancy him.Haha.Doesn't matter.After that, staying over at House 1 with the other girl TSF leaders for a slumber party.A weekend it is.

Finals for me starts on the 11th of November.Two papers.Statistics and Spanish 1. 6days after that French 2 and three days after that Immunology.

After that,who knows when I can go home again?Maybe before Christmas.No promises.

A big THANK YOU to mum, Joseph Raj(appa) and Dr. Khaty for giving me a ring before I presented the seminar.It helped calm my nerves ,that all of you care.

My literature review is done, but unwritten, and my sauce is going fine.Thanks for asking.

Note:Professor Dr. Khatijah Mohd. Yusoff (or Dr. Khaty as everybody calls her)is my superb seminar supervisor.One of those teachers you never forget.She couldn't attend my seminar because she was ill, but called me beforehand to inform me,and wish all the best.How many ppl do that?

No comments: