Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Recycled for the Killing Cycle

That's what I've been reading for the past hour(or part of it).Got an immunology test coming up this Friday the 7th of October,and a spanish quiz tomorrow.Brain is on overdrive, and I haven't been back home for almost 2 months.I miss my bed and air-con at home, but I can't complain.Somewhere in this house my housemate Tuz Kuang and his crazy coursemates are trying to edit a movie they shot for an assignment, and the apartment can sometimes be filled with unnatural sound effects.The movie has something to do with a hero wearing rubber gloves that saves the world from a villain that looks like a rabbit wearing shorts outside, you get the picture. They're all IT students.I've always found IT students quaint.
Two Saturdays ago. attended Jennifer's and my ex-housemates' convo.And it Was CRAZY. I had to run around dewan besar looking for 7 people,giving them flowers and taking pictures.Somewhat like express dating.But it was cool cos' Jen bought us (me and Esther and Xiao)ice cream later, before we rushed off to church.Later that night, gave Curly Long(YeeLeng,my senior) a surprise birthday party,that almost went awry.This is because Yun Yee(my junior) guffawed at the wrong time.Anyway, we were all at her apartment, hiding in her darkened room, waiting for her to come up,come in and then we'd jump on her with all the effects.That was the elaborate plan.However....SOmeBody started laughing(That's clumsy long for you).
So we improvised.
Clumsy: er-hek haha erhek
Us: die-lah. Plan ruined(in our heads)
Curly: Eh, somebody in my room! You ah, Dong(Doreen Phee,another senior,Curly's housemate,mostly blur)
Us: *dragging Dong, pulling her outside*
Dong: Er, yehs.Hehe
Clumsy: Guffaws again, trying to disguise it as a caugh
Curly: Hah! got somebody else.Yu-Jin, you ah?(a first-year junior,foodscience student,Fantastic cook,always hanging around their apartment)
Yu-Jin: Haiya, you so cleverlah,we wanted to surprise you .Now tak jadi.
(So the conversation goes on in that vein)Until Curly really walks into her room, and the rest of us pounce on her,for good measure.And everything works out fine in the end.Including the chocolate milkshakes.

These 2 weeks are prayer emphasis weeks for TSF, so tomorrow until Friday, I'm going on a normal fast(no solids, only water/liquids) and will be accompanied by all the Muslims cos' Ramadan starts tomorrow too.Difference is, they can break at dusk.I have to keep it up for 3 days straight.Which will be a challenge, since a Ramadan bazaar opens every evening right in front of my apartment block and will continue for the whole of the fasting season.Chia yu!

No comments: