Sunday, April 11, 2010

In Transit

When I was travelling to Nepal couple of years back, I remember I had to transit between Kuala Lumpur and Kathmandu, at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport.

Today, I am reminded of that four hours. It has struck me. My life right now, is like that.
What can one do, when in transit?
Nothing much.
While I was in Suvarnabhumi, I sat

facing this scenery, for most of the time.
Which was quiet a long time.
Mostly watching people.
And I saw so many.
Asians, Caucasians, from many nations, all gabbering in tongues I couldn't tell, wheeling their luggage as if their life depended on it, and none of them staying very long. Many were scurrying off.
I was bored out of my wits at that moment, trying to find a worthy distraction, but there were none to be had.
And so I waited, and watched ( and took pictures, toilet breaks and short window shopping excursions), but mostly, just sat and watched.

Today I have decided, it seems life has come to a transit period. So I must wait, be patient , observe and learn, until my flight comes in.
But then that's the difference isn't it?
This time, i don't have a clue when I'm supposed to leave, and have no idea where I'm going.
Surprisingly, it doesn't bother me.
Not in the least.

No comments: