Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wasted Perceptive Efforts or Whatever Works for You

Random post on a random anime I picked up this afternoon...

ICE- The Last Generation/ Yesterday, Today and No Future (OVA).

Japanese are the weirdest people...
they're the only ones who are capable of combining yuri and environmentally conscious themes in one anime (and quiet effectively too).
Set in a post apocalyptic world, a major bioterrorism tragedy has caused the death of all men and a large portion of women on earth. That's right. No men. Kinda like my life now.
A major part deals with how the surviving women struggle to find a way to continue the human race while living in a 'city at the edge of time'.

Anyway, the retro style of drawing was good. The voice acting was atrocious (because they insisted on getting some girl band to do it instead of professional voice actors).
If you ignore the mild Yuri moments, the plot has potential (i would have kept it). However, all in all, because yuri makes me uncomfortable and because it's against my personal principals, I'm throwing this DVD away and keeping only the theme song, which was really the only good point of the entire ordeal.


Translation

Even in the future, the palms of these hands will be familiar
One day, because I know what to hold on to,
Even if all freedom is lost,
Such things as joy and sadness won’t be controlled

To be loved
People can’t go on living all alone
To be loved
Somebody stay by me

Even if the palms of these hands are empty,
With the back of my hands I wipe away my tears
Even if the sun in the sky is forgotten,
The days when I saw the rays of sunlight won’t disappear from my memories

Just being loved
Somehow everyone becomes so kind to me
Just being loved
A peaceful tomorrow comes

To be loved
People can’t go on living all alone
To be loved
Somebody stay by me

Just being loved
Somehow everyone becomes so kind to me
Just being loved
A peaceful tomorrow comes

(Credit:AnimeThemes)

Recently, have been hooked on Korean dance videos:



Shallow stuff to lighten the burdened mind at the end of a stressful day are these.

No comments: