Monday, February 01, 2010

Comic Fiesta 2009 or " How I managed to ruin a wig"

Everyone can do a review. In fact, if you google Comic fiesta 2009, you'd get a million and one reviews. So, I'm not going to do a it-was-great-i'm-looking-forward-to-next-year type of thing (although it was).
These are reflections:

I'm turning 27. Society has expectations. Job, boyfriend,kids, car, housing loan.
I have none of these.
There is a place I can be anyone I want to be. Free to express myself without judgement. Accepted in a simple manner, with like-minded people.
It happens only once a year, and I treasure the two days like air.
Sin-Lin, I'm so thankful you're around to share and understand.
And Flo, I know you don't really get it..but you accept me anyway. I'm thankful for friends like you.


I'm so glad I got to meet a bunch of spontaneous, friendly and creative people.
They were so warm, funny and original. I could chat with strangers really easily. They were like a kotatsu in the peak of winter..

Nobody turned down a request for pictures.
There were a lot of "please" and "thank you"s and "arigatou"s,
plus a lot of bowing.

Somehow, race, religion and gender became non-issues. Everyone was just in awe of the fact that there were people who shared their hobbies and interest.
"Finally...I can relax..they're all like me" was on many people's minds.


I learnt that being different alone is really difficult, but meeting other ACG community members gives strength and encouragement.

I learn't the value of team support.
I learnt to be strong. No matter what society says about us, we must learn not to be sucked into it.If we claim to be alive, it is time to LIVE.

3 comments:

sin-lin said...

Hey girl,I had lots of fun too! It's true how society tend to judge cosplayers and otakus...

But who cares... we're cool, we had fun and it's good to let loose once in while :p

Can't wait for GACC 2010! Heard it's in March!!! Ikimasyo ne...

Anonymous said...

hai..hai..
I'm actually working on my next costume as we speak..
See you soon.
-michelle

Flo Flo said...

maybe i got it but i forgot all about it.

i remembered when i was young.. i liked Sailor Venus (Aino Minako)very much.

Maybe one day I'll dress like her. I havent watch any other anime that much to pick other characters. Still squeezing my mind on past cartoons.

Oh, I like Jem too...but that's more Western :D