Monday, December 13, 2004

On Air With Sunshine

What an eventful second week of December.Last Thursday (9/12/2004)i had the pleasure of being a guest on my good friend Su Lin's radio show on Putra.fm (90.7, Today's campus Voice, hehehe)which is the campus' official radio station, which virtually nobody listens to.Hehe.(It's only available in Serdang and Seri Kembangen area)
Anyway, Su Lin(whose on air glamour name is DJ Sunshine) was doing a segment called 'Campus Life' that started this semester.So, every Thursday she brings in a student guest to talk on a chosen topic. Mine was time management.So far, I only talked to 3 people who listened in.Two of them were my housemates, one of them was my friend Caroline(Who will herself go on air this Thursday the 16th of December 2004 to talk on Looks and personality).
The studio was really nicely done up, fully air-conditioned, and the walls were padded end to end with carpets.(to absorb sound waves and prevent echoes).I got the chance to wear this pair of huge black earphones to hear what's on air. The whole thing was an experience that took some time to swallow. Su Lin and I really enjoyed ourselves talking and we pretty much forgot that this was live on air.(Secret to kurangkan nervousness:Tell yourself 12 times a day that "nobody listens to Putra.fm", which is sad, but true).Poor Su Lin had so many buttons to push that she went 'gabra' for a while and said "Hi, welcome back....You're with me Michelle and my guest...oooppps.. I meant you're with me Sunshine and my guest Michelle.....*hysterical laughter in background*"
All in all, I regretted not asking my housemate to record it.In the beginning I thought " Ah... If I mess up on air, then there's no record of it-lah. Kan Baik?"
But we didn't mess up,by the grace of God. Oh, did I mention that Su lin is in my CG and she's from Klang. And she's fun .......and she's available.Hahahahaha.
After Thursday, there was the Primary Circle concert at FGA which was really good.I mean really good. P. C. is the resident FGA tertiary student's fellowship band.About 15 or more people came to know the Lord, including Joanne's Mum(Joanne was lead singer for the band that night).You should have been there when she walked her mum down the aisle to answer the call of Salvation.This is His work.That's all I have to say.

Oooo, oooooo, before I call it quits,there's some updates on the embrionated eggs.(Chicken eggs with liitle babies inside 'em).They arrived today,so we started innoculating them and growing viruses ,which will be harvested on Weds.(Don't worry, we're not growing SARS, just Newcastle disease viruses which affects birds).Tonight after French Class, I'm joining my CG members for some christmas carol singing. I can't wait.Woo hoo.
Note: Wishing All my Christian friends a very blessed Christmas and a Christ-filled New Year.

1 comment:

kiawin said...

su lin? klang? sounds so familiar :)