Friday, October 10, 2008

Leaves are green, all year round

A few updates.
I'm going to Nepal with Flo Lee in mid-Nov, for a mission trip.

I will not be sitting for Comprehensive exam this semester, because Dr. R, one of my supervisors, has had a stroke and is in the hospital.He's stable but needs bedrest. The face to face oral exam cannot be done without him. I'm not relieved. I was prepared to sit for it this week or next, get it over with. Things happen. Dr R is already in his 60s, so I wish him speedy recovery.

I visited the new ICC building with the other leaders


First impression: Small
For the uninformed, Ps. D is starting Ignite Christian Centre (ICC), a community/ youth centre and varsity student focused church in Serdang, some of the TSF leaders will follow him there to plant this ministry. UPM, UNITEN and UKM Bangi cell groups will follow here as well. We are not splitting from TSF of FGA, but multiplying from it.
The visit has prompted me to reflect on why I'm going.
At first it was because UPM cg will be relocated, but over the 2 years since this vision was proposed by Ps D, the Lord has been revealing stuff that I myself need to do here, in this new place.
I'm excited.
I have a clear direction. Touch lives, change lives, love people.ICC has provided the platform for it. here are the resources. Here is a structure. Here is a dream materializing. Here is wings to fly.
It has ceased to become Ps D's dream. Now it's mine as well, it's ours, all of us who have decided to go.


The only downside is that I'll miss all the people who are staying behind to continue the work in TSF; Amelia, Adrian, Esther Ooi, Flo Toh, Wendy, etc. There will be no more pictures like this:

So, until next time.
p/s Here's fanmade trailer I found. The editing is really good.


Most of the footage is take from
~Taiyou no Uta( A song to the sun) -YUI, Tsukamoto Takahashi
~Niji no Megami (Rainbow Song)- Ueno Juri, Hayato Ichihara (whose back we get to see)

If ever they made an actual movie with both YUI and Ueno Juri, I'll be rolling around the floor with glee. However, YUI will probably never act again, herself admitting that it's not her forte and that she's uncomfortable with it.

2 comments:

Timothy Lee said...

wow..so excited to see the ICC coming, in reality.. thanks for update. and i miss Lake & Mel wedding...haih.. God be with u for ur Nepal trip

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
long time no hear from you. Good to know we can keep in touch like this.