Thursday, September 23, 2004

Yearning For Hope


474055_827a2e7d21, originally uploaded by michelle_upm.

Dear Dad,
The 11th anniversary of your passing is not until December,but for no particular reason, I thought about you last night.And it made me cry involuntary tears into my pillow.
I found myself wishing you were still alive,so you could see me now.You could see how far I've come.I wish you were alive today, so I could make you proud.I'm not studying anything grand,but I'm happy doing what I'm doing.I am fulfilled.
I felt just a tiny bit sad, because I have this little wish to start learning how to play the guitar.Chords are okay to learn, but strumming's tricky.I found myself asking, wouldn't it be nice if you were here to give me strumming tips.( I remember that you were a self taught guitarist).
I suppose the forthcoming trip to Singapore has brought back memories.Singapore.
I remember Singapore.
The source of your attempted cure,
the place of my broken sorrow.
I remember Mount Elizabeth.I remember standing at the end of a long corridor capped with glass windows,the sun flooding in,yearning for a hope that would not come.I remember the insecurity and the waiting.But the insecurity most of all.

And this weekend I go back to Singapore,the place of your attempted cure, the place of my broken sorrow.

4 comments:

butter_cookie said...

hey mich... feel for you. words won't be able to express it, so this is all i'll do:
huggggssss**
huggggssss**
;)

WontdieonE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

well michelle, I've finally found you~ after trying to figure out the last 3 letters after the name "michelle", I thought to myself, "Why not check out Sharlene's blog or Liz's blog? Duh to my poor soul~"
So I've linked you to my blog, 'http://www.gobblogblog.blogspot.com'. Your pictures are here, 'http://gobblogblog.blogspot.com/2004/10/for-you-vera.html'. Somehow your blog seems to have some problems. Mayb it's juz my com. Smiles Michelle~

Memories will fade but the spirit will always remain.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle. Janice Wee here - if u can remember who.Anyways....just want to give u a warm big bear hug!! The past has passed but we have to continue on. Keep your head up girl!! God bles....
U can contact me at www.babyaj.blogdrive.com